Last Revised: December 17, 2019
Serta Simmons Bedding Company (hereinafter “Serta”, “we”, “our” or “us”) has been leading the industry with groundbreaking mattress technologies that set new standards for comfort and support for almost a century.
Serta makes the Site available for consumers located exclusively in the United States of America and Canada. Please do not use the Site if you are located outside the United States and Canada.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US
(a) CUSTOMER SERVICE INQUIRIES.
If you communicate with our customer service representatives, you will be required to provide your name and email address and may be required to provide additional information so that Serta representatives can assist you.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED WHEN YOU USE OUR WEBSITE
(a) TECHNICAL AND USAGE INFORMATION
When you visit the Website, web servers automatically collect certain information about your visit to a website, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. IP addresses are unique numbers assigned by Internet Service Providers (“ISP”) to all devices used to access the Internet. Web servers automatically log the IP addresses of visitors to their sites. The IP address, on its own, may not identify you, but can do so when combined with other data automatically collected when you request a web page, such as the name of the page you visited and the date and time of your visit.
When you visit the Website, we may collect technical information, which may include the address of the website that you visited before visiting the Website, the pages of the Website that you visit, the browser you used to view the Website, the search terms you entered on the Website, and other such technical data.
If you have downloaded and use the App, we also collect access dates and times, App features used, App crashes and other system activity.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Disabling cookies when you visit our Website will have no discernible impact on your browsing experience. Please consult your browser’s Help Menu for instructions.
Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
(c) DEVICE INFORMATION.
We collect information about the device(s) you use to access the Website, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect and use personal information for the purposes identified at the time of collection, as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, or for any of the following purposes:
- To establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we can provide you with access to our Website;
- To comply with our legal obligations and regulatory requirements;
- To develop and manage our business and operations;
- To respond to your questions and concerns;
- To detect and protect us and you from error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft or other illegal activity, and which may include sharing personal information with our insurers;
- To create aggregate information for analytics purposes, including to analyze the success, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Website;
- With your consent, to send you promotional communications that we think might be of interest to you;
- to the extent permitted by applicable law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies (for example, related to investigations on matters related to public safety, fraud or theft);
- For internal, external and regulatory audit purposes; and
- To correct technical problems and malfunctions related to the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED OR SHARED
1. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the policies for the Website;
- To meet or comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, audit or enforceable request from a government agency or regulatory body;
- In connection with a bankruptcy proceeding or the sale, merger or change of control of Serta; and
- In the event of a merger, acquisition sale or reorganization, or the potential thereof, we may disclose information about you to the extent the personal information is necessary to carry on the business or activity that was the object of the transaction. In the event of a completed transaction, notice will be given to affected users.
We may retain third party service providers, such as cloud storage services discussed below to help us provide the Website to you. We may need to transfer your personal information to these third party service providers. We use contractual means to ensure these providers provide safeguards that are comparable to our own while your personal information is in their possession. These service providers make no independent use of your personal information.
We may engage third party external servers as well as other external services, including cloud services and cloud compatible servers.
We may use third party service providers or cloud hosting located outside your jurisdiction of residence. By using the Website, you understand your information may be transferred outside the jurisdiction in which you live. You understand that if your information is processed in a foreign country, it may be subject to foreign laws and accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities within that jurisdiction.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will store personal information collected via the Website only as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected. Thereafter, we will keep your information for a reasonable time in accordance with our standard procedures to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse and to enforce our agreements, or as necessary for archival/audit purposes.
Even if we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to create, retain or use aggregate or anonymous data.
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We employ reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are designed to protect personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use.
With your express consent, we may send you promotional emails. At any time, you may opt out of receiving such messages by following the unsubscribe instructions in each email. Please note that even if you opt out of promotional emails, we will continue to send you important account-related information.
KEEPING INFORMATION ACCURATE / ACCESS AND CORRECTION
It is important that your personal information held by us is accurate and complete so that we can give you better service. We ask that you keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or email address.
You have the right to access and correct the information we have about you after we have received your written request and authenticated your identity. Subject to legal restrictions or specific rights of refusal, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of personal information relating to you and give you access to that information.
We may charge a reasonable fee for providing information in response to an access request, and, upon request, we will provide an estimate of any such fee upon receiving a request to access information.
Despite our efforts, errors sometimes do occur. If you identify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete, let us know. If we agree, we will make the corrections and will make reasonable efforts to communicate these changes to other parties with whom we shared the information.
We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from anyone under the age of 18, nor is any aspect of this Website directed at minors.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children, we will take reasonable steps to locate and remove that information from our servers and records.
If you have any questions and concerns relating to our handling of your personal information, please direct them to our privacy officer listed below. We may need to ask you for personal information to verify your identity.
If, having shared your concerns with us, you are not satisfied with our answers, you may file a complaint with a privacy regulator, such as the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada by mail at 30 Victoria Street Gatineau, Quebec K1A 1H3 or by calling 1 800 282 1376.